Small gdbinit update...

Things have been very quiet since the beginning of September… Well my MBA has started and my free time until now has been ZERO! It has been a fun but very busy ride and comeback to the world of economics. The first weeks are recruit like, pretty intensive with many assignments to be delivered. The recruit is now over and I should have more free time for playing again with reversing 😄.

I just finished a small update to gdbinit. There were some bugs at the function that signaled conditional jumps so I revised it and everything should be fine now. The other thing that I have added was support for 8 and 16 bit versions of EAX,EBX,ECX,EDX registers. I don’t know why but GDB doesn’t have them and as usual I like to make things easier. So you can just use print or x/x to display $ax,$bx,$cx,$dx, $ah,$al, etc.

The next thing to update is Onyx for Snow Leopard. I just gave a very quick look at Snow Leopard source and at least proc structure is modified (some small additions). I have to check if the trick still works.

Well that should be everything for now… Gotta get back to my readings (well at least this one is about Information Systems).

Have fun!
fG!

gdbinit72
(SHA1(gdbinit72)= cbd9c528e1730978563be2c26e2cd79d2ccdc925)

The latest version can always be found here.